Seedco’s mission is to advance economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need.
Founded in 1987, Seedco designs and implements innovative programs and services for workers, families, and businesses. We advance community economic development through:
- Workforce development
- Work and family supports
- Employer and small business services
In addition to our direct service work, Seedco analyzes, assesses, and develops best practices to inform our work, as well as that of other practitioners, researchers, and policy makers. We provide consulting and technical assistance to federal, state, and local governments; funders; and nonprofit agencies.
Eight core values drive our direction and shape our work:
- Integrity: We act in accordance with the highest standards of personal and professional integrity in all that we do.
- Innovation: We strive to structure and implement unique solutions to existing problems.
- Effectiveness: Our highly effective programs and services have and will consistently reach their goals.
- Empowerment: Our programs and services provide the tools and resources to help people, businesses, and communities advance.
- Measurement: We continuously monitor, assess, and evaluate our work.
- Collaboration: We have developed and use an intermediary/community-based organization network model whenever appropriate to build local capacity, drive community development, and ensure we reach those with greatest need.
- Sustainability: We leverage partnerships and resources to ensure the scalability and sustainability of our work.
- Shape Policy: We utilize our experience to bring a practitioner’s perspective on workforce and economic development policy and practice to advance systemic change.