Seedco’s extensive experience and deep expertise in economic development enable us to act as a true innovator.
- We focus on emerging economic issues that affect workers, families and small businesses.
- In response to these issues, we move quickly to forge partnerships with community-based organizations, and leverage funding to design and launch innovative programs.
- As we and our community-based partners implement programs, we collect data on our work to measure and improve our performance.
- Finally, we share what we have learned with other nonprofits, policy makers and service providers so that the best programs can be replicated on a larger scale.
We work on three complementary levels:
- As an intermediary. Seedco manages a large network of community-based organizations that provide direct services to the communities they know best. This intermediary approach is a crucial component of successful partnerships between community-based organizations and funders.
- We share the risk so the financial burden isn’t as heavy.
- We fund raise and negotiate collectively.
- We collect and analyze data to continuously improve programs and service delivery.
- We help build capacity and offer ongoing support and technical assistance.
- As a direct service provider. Seedco also works directly with employers, job seekers, and workers. We develop innovative programs targeting specific populations and customize each program so that it meets the needs of each organization.
- As a consultant and policy advisor. Seedco methodically measures the impact of our programs and disseminates best practices to the field. Through consulting and technical assistance, we share what we learn with other nonprofit organizations, policy makers, and service providers.