In 2007, Seedco expanded its workforce development program to Memphis, TN in order to manage the Tennessee Department of Human Services’ Families First Temporary Cash Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. Seedco works with four community-based partners in Greater Memphis and serves an average of 20,000 people each year, or about one-third of the state’s welfare populations.
Job seekers and those looking to advance at work receive the following free services from Seedco’s community-based partners in Memphis and Shelby County:
- Pre-employment preparation and job readiness training
- Career advice and counseling
- Opportunities to enroll in technical skills training programs
- Placement in skill-building internships
- Job placement
- Transportation subsidies and other support services