- A new brochure is available describing Seedco’s work in Memphis, Tenn.
- The Memphis Commercial Appeal reported that Seedco has selected Lisa Pote as senior vice president of its Mid-South regional operations.
- The Memphis Conference of the United Methodist Church: Mother finds employment, thanks to program offered through United Methodist Neighborhood Centers in Memphis. Seedco partners with community organizations like The United Methodist Neighborhood Centers in Memphis, Tenn., to provide job and vocational training to program participants to help them secure stable employment.
- For more than ten years Seedco has been working in Shelby County, and in 2004, Seedco opened the Mid-South office in Memphis. In 2007, the Tennessee Department of Human Services (DHS) selected Seedco to implement its Families First program to help thousands of Shelby County residents transition from public assistance to meaningful employment. Working with multiple nonprofits, employers and government partners in Shelby County, Seedco is helping jobseekers enter the workforce, build careers and advance.
Since 2004, Seedco has partnered with DHS to provide outreach around Supplemental Nutritional Assistance to underserved populations within Shelby County. In 2010, through EarnBenefits, Seedco helped clients throughout Shelby County access more than $4.1 million in benefits that would have otherwise gone unused.
Highlights of the Families First Program:
- 31,514 Tennessee clients served (since 2007)
- 12,906 full-time job placements and 8,519 part-time placements (excludes those that may have been referred to us while they were still employed) (since 2007)
- 2,919 job upgrades
- 4,383 successfully completed skills training
- Quality of jobs for Families First clients and their gross weekly wages have both improved during our tenure.
Tennessee EarnBenefits: A Strong Record Since 2005
- 13,000+ Tennessee Households Connected to Benefits
- 15,000+ Benefits Obtained by Clients
- $18 Million+ In Benefits Obtained
- BRIDGES, Inc. (Families First)
- Christ Community Health Services (EarnBenefits)
- Exchange Club Family Center (EarnBenefits)
- Families of Incarcerated Individuals (EarnBenefits)
- GrowMemphis (EarnBenefits)
- Kairos Services, Inc. (Families First)
- Memphis Area Legal Services (MALS) (EarnBenefits)
- Porter-Leath (Families First/ EarnBenefits)
- Tennessee Community Services Agency (Families First)
- The Works, Inc. (EarnBenefits)