Assistant Project Director
Linking Yourself and Neighbors to Coverage
September 10, 2021
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Founded in 1987 and rooted in the Mid-South region since 2004, Seedco’s Mid-South Regional Office (MSRO) has received funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to provide health insurance outreach, education, and enrollment assistance across 10 counties in West Tennessee. The Linking Yourself and Neighbors to Coverage (LYNC) program will help individuals to establish eligibility, enroll in coverage, and determine if they may quality for affordable health insurance programs through the federal marketplace.
The Assistant Project Director will be responsible for the day-to day operations of the LYNC program. They will ensure positive and effective team communications and provide direct oversight to the Lead Navigator and five Navigators. The Assistant Project Director will be responsible for developing, planning, and implementing education and outreach events, in addition to managing the assessment, intake and enrollment processes across the exchange. Similarly, the Assistant Project Director will have familiarity and expertise in the Federal Exchange and will work closely with community partners to establish a presence across the ten-county territory. He/She will have working knowledge of the HBX system and other data management systems utilized in the program., The Assistant Project Director will work closely with the Senior Director to complete the required reporting with detail and accuracy. He/She will work with Navigators to ensure that a client centered model that uses a multi-domain tool is used and undergirded by a shared data platform. This is to ensure accuracy and proficiency in enrollments. This framework is a collaboration across a wide array of programs and services, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of service delivery.
The Assistant Project Director will report directly to the Senior Director.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Complete Navigator training courses and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional, sensitive and confidential assistance to all consumers. Demonstrate professional behavior to agency representatives, partners, and others
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality, PII, PHI and other required protections
- Provide consumers with application assistance and eligibility determination for enrollment into Medicaid, Qualified Health Plans, and Dental insurance programs available on the exchange
- Understand and communicate screening process and results for assistance with tax credits, cost sharing reductions and other program benefits as identified
- Understand and communicate insurance terms in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate and ensures accessibility for individuals
- Comprehend and manage documentation; entering data in the HBX system, data management systems, and other systems used within the program
- Develop and conduct marketing outreach to local communities including event presence and presentations for educational opportunities. Connect and liaise with social service agencies, faith based groups, educational professionals, and other community leaders to reach individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds to promote enrollment assistance, program benefits and develop referral pipelines
- Conduct marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options through the Federal Marketplace.
- Work independently, travelling throughout assigned territory to provide services and meet with scheduled appointments in various locations.
- Provide assistance with changes to income and household data within an account.
- Present plan comparisons including co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket expenses.
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes.
- Complete eligibility for Federal tax credits, Medicaid and Qualified Health Plans.
- Inform consumers of requirements to remain enrolled in the program/s.
- Enter data from consumer interactions, outreach, and education activities.
- Retain and implement policies, procedures and best practices, working to overcome challenges.
- Assist in partnership development to create referral pathways and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Assist in training new Navigators.
- Ensure that Navigators maintain and update documentation including manuals, binders, and files.
- Coordinate outreach events.
- Serve as a point of information and resource for clients, fellow staff members, and service providers.
- Master’s degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting. Experience in the Federal Exchange is a plus.
- At least 3 years of direct supervision experience.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government entities strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. Requires the ability to travel throughout assigned territory and to work remotely, on occasion, with portable equipment. Some evening and weekend work is required and the ability to lift 15 pounds.
This position reports to the Senior Director.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Project Director-LYNC”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.