Employer Partnership Coordinator (Bridges to Careers)
MARCH 1, 2019
Location: Bronx, NY Field Office
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Bridges to Careers (BTC): Supporting Justive-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The employer partnership coordinator will identify/create job opportunities for participants and match qualified participants with these employment opportunities. The coordinator will be responsible for developing relationships with employers, successfully placing participants into jobs, and supporting career case managers to provide ongoing retention services and supports to both the employer and the participants. The coordinator will also be responsible for establishing employer relationships and performing career development related tasks.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and manage partnerships with local and national employers who offer entry-level jobs that feature consistent scheduling, safe working conditions, and pathways to wage and professional advancement
- Place 190 participants into jobs that align with their professional goals, values, and workplace preferences
- Provide coaching to participants and employer partners that is designed to increase the likelihood of participant job retention and professional advancement
- Use real-time labor market information, industry publications, and interviews with employers to analyze emerging labor market trends and relevant vocational training and credentials
- Utilize PathwayU, a predictive analytics portal, to match participants to jobs that align with their values and workplace preferences
- Meticulously document contact and outreach to participants and employers in real-time using Salesforce
- Enter and update participant information (job placements, job interviews and career events, etc.) regularly through case management database
- Prepare regular reports of activity and progress toward outcomes for leadership and partners
- Collaborate with job developers in other Seedco programs to collectively develop and share job opportunities
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in social service, sales, staffing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience with coaching or mentoring
- Experience working in a data driven environment
- Ability to work independently while being responsive to requests and inquiries from participants, colleagues, and leadership
- Strong computer and database skills
- Experience working with individuals who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice, involvement including incarceration
- Knowledge or experience in the transportation, warehousing, food industry, and/or construction sectors
- Experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Experience working with a Salesforce database
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position will require travel around New York City, primarily in the Bronx and Manhattan.
This position reports to the program manager with support from the senior associate for workforce development.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “BTC – Employer Partnership Coordinator”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.