BTC Program Manager — New York
MARCH 1, 2019
Location: Bronx, NY Field Office
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Bridges to Careers (BTC): Supporting Justive-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The program manager will provide oversight and program management for the New York City-based BTC program, including managing the day-to-day operations of BTC and supporting staff to provide intensive support services to program participants to address barriers to economic and financial stability and employment retention. The program manager will be responsible for leading local program implementation, managing partner relationships, and coordinating with the director to oversee the program space.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide ongoing supervision to and coordinate the day-to-day schedules of up to three career case managers and one job developer working with justice-involved individuals, ensuring appropriate balance of time in the field and time spent on administrative tasks
- Ensure career case managers are trained on participant assessment tools and implementation is in accordance with guidance
- Work with program staff to support their professional development
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local organizations
- Coordinate with other Seedco managers regarding overlapping outreach and service efforts
- Work closely with senior associate of workforce development to support job developer, to understand employer hiring needs, and to inform participant training opportunities
Compliance and Reporting
- Perform periodic spot checks of client files to ensure compliance
- Ensure referrals to external sources are tracked and outcomes documented
- Monitor performance and outcomes
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
- Maintain a limited caseload of clients, as needed
- Provide backup to case management staff by conducting intakes and facilitating workshops as needed
- Others, as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in social service or case management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience working with individuals or young adults who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, etc.)
- Experience working in a data driven environment
- Strong computer and database skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- A broad understanding of New York City’s social service landscape
- History of leading projects independently and from the ground up
- Training in project management
- Experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Experience with financial education and coaching
- Experience with job development, staffing, or career placement
- Experience working with a Salesforce database
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
Ability to travel between NYC boroughs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis.
The senior program manager reports to the director of New York programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “BTC – Program Manager”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.