Success Coach — New York
MAY 14, 2019
Location: Bronx, NY Field Office (509 Willis Ave. 6th Floor, Bronx, NY)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Bridges to Careers (B2C): Supporting Justive-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The success coach will provide highly intensive support services to program participants to support employment retention and address barriers to economic and financial stability. The success coach will help participants build skills to sustain employment, advance in their career, and move on to other opportunities that offer greater economic stability.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform extended one-on-one career case management with program participants
- Assess participant needs and help participants develop individualized career and financial plans
- Assist program participants in pursuing educational and vocational training opportunities related to career advancement and self-sufficiency
- Create, track and revise personal/professional development milestones based on participant goals
- Report on participants’ job retention and advancement, as well as barriers to continued employment and advancement
- Work closely with job development staff to support replacement efforts and to understand available job orders and employer hiring needs
- Assess participants’ needs for public benefits, including health insurance and food assistance, and conduct benefit screenings using Seedco’s EarnBenefits Online (EBO) screening technology
- Provide financial empowerment services, including group workshops and one-on-one financial counseling
- Conduct ongoing administrative responsibilities including documenting caseload through case notes, tracking referrals, interviews, timekeeping, placements, and job retention utilizing case management database and other tools
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in social service or case management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with individuals or young adults who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, etc.)
- Experience working in a data driven environment
- Strong computer and database skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Experience with financial education and coaching
- Experience with job development, staffing, or career placement
- Experience working with a Salesforce database
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. Occasional travel throughout the New York City boroughs including at least one trip a month to the headquarters office at 22 Cortlandt St., New York, NY.
This position reports to the program manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “B2C – Career Case Manager”. Please submit documents in a pdf or Microsoft Word format. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.