Business Development Specialist – Strong Fathers, Stronger Families Mid-South
JANUARY 25, 2021
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Strong Fathers, Stronger Families (SFSF-Midsouth) is a program funded through the Department of Health and Human Services, ACF. The program is designed to provide a broad array of services to promote or sustain healthy marriage and relationships (including couple and co-parenting), strengthen positive father-child engagement, and improve employment and economic stability opportunities for adult fathers (ages 18 and older). Economic stability activities include job-driven skills development and employment.
The Business Development Specialist is an integral part of the success of the SFSF-Midsouth program. The Business Development Specialist will identify/create job opportunities for participants of Seedco’s SFSF -Midsouth and match qualified participants with these employment opportunities. The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for developing relationships with employers, successfully placing participants into these jobs and providing on going retention services and supports to both the employer and the participants. The Business Development Specialist will also be responsible for assisting in selected training programs that will prepare and/or enhance participant’s ability to obtain and maintain employment.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Make sales calls on employers who have open positions that candidates qualify to fill and obtain positions with qualified participants in the Fatherhood program.
- Analyze current trends in hiring practices, soft skills training, etc. and integrate into all programmatic offerings as needed.
- Develop and maintain employer relationships that can be incorporated into a job bank.
- Develop and maintain all Seedco branded career development tools and presentations.
- Actively recruit employers in high demand industries, leading to direct placement opportunities.
- Lead group discussions and career mentoring initiatives for all program participants.
- Provide career coaching and job search strategies to all program participants while they are enrolled in the program and during the follow up phase.
- Ensure that program participants are linked to sustainable employment opportunities within 30 days of program enrollment.
- Ensure that all candidate and job-related data is entered into Salesforce in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide and/or facilitate ongoing seminars, workshops, and industry specific training as needed.
- Provide Labor Market information in a detailed format for MSRO leadership and employment partners.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, workforce development, financial empowerment.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and can work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government contracts strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Program Manager, SFSF-Midsouth.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with position being applied for in the subject line. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.