Care Coordinator – Driving the Dream — Memphis
NOVEMBER 9, 2018
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Supported by funding from the United Way of the Mid-South (UWMS) through the Driving the Dream (DTD), this initiative is committed to fostering the development of a more connected and integrated network of agencies to address poverty in the Mid-South. To do this DTD is creating, facilitating, and monitoring an accountable system of care, comprised of agencies whose staff are trained in a client-centered model that utilizes a multi-domain assessment tool and is undergirded by a shared data platform. This framework is a collaboration across a wide array of programs and services, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of service delivery by seamlessly, intentionally, and efficiently moving individuals and their families toward economic self-sufficiency and other life goals which they, the clients, identify.
The Care Coordinator positions will be integral to this effort with primary responsibility for working with clients to develop care plans, connecting clients to needed services, and following up with clients and providers to assess progress toward client goals. This is a unique opportunity to help cultivate a completely new system delivery paradigm that leads to healthier, happy and more hopeful community.
Key Essential Functions:
- Provide telephonic outreach and in-person consultation to identified individuals who would like to join the program
- Assess client needs, based on the Arizona Self-Sufficiency Index (ASSI), or other comparable needs assessment tool.
- Based on the ASSI results, refer program participants to appropriate resources.
- Coordinate and monitor services received by the program participants.
- Communicate regularly with all providers involved to ensure appropriate care is provided, and to reduce duplication of services.
- Develop individualized care plans with DTD program participants which include client-identified goals that improve outcome and promote client autonomy
- Establish measurable goals with the participant that promote evaluation of the quality outcomes of the care provided
- Establish relationships with assigned clients and their supports and meet with each client as planned
- Establish effective working relationships with service providers and communicate often to ensure the smooth transfer of client information and optimize adherence to care plans
- Document program participant assessments, care plans, case notes, and outcomes in CoactionNet, theDriving The Dream shared data system.
- Participate in Care Coordination Learning Community meetings to share key learnings and discuss opportunities to improve the process
- Attend professional development trainings for the Driving The Dream model
- Serve as a point of information and resource for clients, fellow staff members, and service providers
- Perform other work as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree a human service-related field (Master’s preferred).
- At least two (2) years’ experience providing social work, care coordination, case management, etc. in human services.
- Experience managing and supporting client’s needs.
- A broad understanding of the local services and ability to connect clients to these services to meet their needs.
- Ability to effectively interface with a wide range of partner community agencies.
- Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced .individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
Must have a driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
This role may require a rotating schedule between Care Coordinators to cover after hours (nights and weekends) work to ensure that clients are able to access support when needed.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Program Coordinator for DTD.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: mailto:email@example.com with the subject line “Care Coordinator – DTD”