Success Coach (CARE Program)
December 10, 2020
New York Headquarters/National Office
22 Cortlandt St. 33rd Floor, New York, NY
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. Seedco’s Career Advancement, Retention, and Empowerment (CARE) program provides critical on-site resource ‘navigator’ services to support primarily entry-level, low-wage employees in NYC.In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CARE has shifted to provide immediate supports and referrals to employees who have been furloughed, laid off, or lost their jobs due to the pandemic as well as supporting individuals as they transition back into jobs.
The success coach provides strengths-based, forward-thinking coaching to employees at partner employers and helps them to identify passionately-held goals and supports their efforts to overcome barriers that may inhibit personal, professional, and financial success. The focus will be on young adults though the success coach will also work with individuals over the age of 24 as the program expands. The success coach also works to help Seedco’s employer partners create more supportive and inclusive workplaces through as-needed coaching and workshops for supervisors. The success coach will support the program coordinator to conduct outreach to businesses, community-based organizations, and unemployed, underemployed, or furloughed young adults seeking support.
CARE is a new and developing program and as Seedco looks to incorporate new models of employee supportive programming, Seedco is looking for a success coach that can assist in strategizing around the program’s growth, thinking through new models, and adjusting to meet the needs of an evolving program. Depending on experience, applicants may be considered for success coach or senior success coach position.
This is a 100% grant-funded position that is guaranteed through December 2021, though the position may be extended as additional funding becomes available.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide one-on-one career and financial coaching to program participants with limited work history and low-levels of educational attainment as they transition into the workplace and achieve professional advancement
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on youth development principles, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, and financial empowerment
- Provide supports to employed and unemployed participants as they overcome various barriers including housing, child care, and access to benefits and connect participants to appropriate service partners
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with local and national social service providers
- Develop and facilitate or coordinate with third-party vendors to implement workshops on strengths-based leadership, giving and receiving feedback, multiculturalism, racial equity, and implicit bias to employer partners
- Provide solutions-focused support to the supervisors of CARE participants at partner employers
- Meticulously track weekly activities in Salesforce database
- Generate weekly reports on participant contact, coaching activities, financial coaching outcomes, successes, and challenges
- Assist program leadership in compiling and writing reports for funders and other stakeholders
- Coordinate with program coordinator to recruit participants to the program
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSIGNED
- Education, training, and experience in nonprofit, workforce development, social service, public sector jobs, and/or related fields that amounts to:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (may include volunteer and internship experience)
- A Bachelor’s Degree OR an equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrated in the cover letter
- Experience providing career coaching or case management with a focus on economic stability (e.g. financial empowerment, job readiness, career coaching/planning, etc.)
- Flexible to the changing and often immediate needs of participants
- Flexible to the shifting requirements of the program as it grows and changes and a willingness to take on extra responsibility to support the needs of a small team
- Strong written, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and can work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually
- Fluency in Spanish
- Strong understanding of the foundations of motivational interviewing and trauma-informed care
- Experience designing, developing, and facilitating workshops or trainings
- Past work with young adults, opportunity youth, and/or individuals facing barriers toward employment
- Case management experience in a trauma-informed environment
- Experience utilizing Salesforce or a similar database
- Experience working in or with the food industry
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position requires regular travel around New York City and the ability to work in standard office conditions. There is a mix of onsite and remote work based on program needs and health and safety guidelines during COVID-19 pandemic.
This position reports directly to the CARE program coordinator. Routine supervision is provided with instructions on job requirements, methods that are already developed and in place, priorities, and deadlines with particular attention to unusual or difficult aspects or tasks. There are regular reviews of progress, quality, and output.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “CARE Success Coach”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.