Career Case Manager — Memphis
DECEMBER 8, 2018
Location: Seedco Mid-South (Memphis, TN / West Memphis, AR)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Bridges to Careers (BTC): Supporting Justive-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The case manager/trainer works directly with young adults ages 18-24 years old who have had some involvement in the criminal justice system. The case manager/trainer will be responsible for facilitating a curriculum in group settings geared toward addressing barriers to employment through cognitive behavioral interventions and provide other trainings as needed. This position will also work closely with career case managers to guide clients along specific career pathways and provide case management to address challenges to finding and sustaining employment.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conduct intake with potential participants including eligibility screening.
- Conduct enrollment including a comprehensive assessment of needs.
- Facilitate employment related cognitive behavioral intervention curriculum in group settings.
- Provide individualize case management and collaborate with career case managers and job developers to address participant barriers and needs.
- Develop and implement a recruitment plan for mentors.
- Oversee mentoring including matching mentors to participants and providing support to mentors.
- Enter and update participant information (services provided, incentives distributed, participant. progress) regularly through case management database.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in social service or case management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with young adults from underserved communities or individuals with a history of criminal justice involvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services.
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, etc.).
- Experience working in a data driven environment.
- Strong computer and database skills (i.e. salesforce etc.).
- Experience working with individuals who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration.
- Experience working in a mentoring program or serving as a mentor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Program Coordinator for the Bridges to Career program.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to mailto:email@example.com with the subject line “Career Case Manager-BTC. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.