Career Case Manager — RISE
JULY 21, 2020
Location: Seedco Mid-South (Memphis, TN / West Memphis, AR)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Funded b the Department of Labor, the Re-Entering Society to Excel program delivers employment, training, case management, and legal services to justice-involved adults ages 25+.
The case manager/trainer works directly with adults ages 25+ and will be responsible for case management, assisting in developing career pathways as well as credential and certification attainment.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conduct intake with potential participants, including eligibility screening.
- Conduct enrollment, including a comprehensive assessment of needs.
- Facilitate employment related cognitive behavioral intervention curriculum in group settings.
- Provide individualized case management and collaborate with career case managers and job developers to address participant barriers and needs.
- Make appropriate referrals to referral partners, ensuring holistic wraparound care is provided to all participants.
- Assist in monitoring mentoring relationships and providing support to mentees/mentors.
- Enter and update participant information (services provided, incentives distributed, and participant progress) regularly through case management database.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in social service or case management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with underserved communities or individuals with a history of criminal justice involvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services.
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders, including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, etc.).
- Experience working in a data driven environment.
- Strong computer and database skills (i.e. salesforce etc.).
- Experience working with individuals who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement, including incarceration.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Program Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Career Case Manager-RISE.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.