Mid-South More Than Ready
May 13, 2021
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance, the Mid-South More Than Ready initiative is designed to assist adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The case manager/trainer works directly with young adults ages 21+ years old who have had some involvement in the criminal justice system. The case manager/trainer will be responsible for facilitating a curriculum in group settings geared toward addressing barriers to employment through cognitive behavioral interventions and provide other trainings as needed. This position will also work closely with the Mentor Coordinator and Program Manager to guide clients along specific career pathways and provide case management to address challenges to finding and sustaining employment.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conduct intake with potential participants including eligibility
- Conduct enrollment including a comprehensive assessment of
- Facilitate employment related cognitive behavioral intervention curriculum in group
- Provide individualize case management and collaborate with the Mentor Coordinator and Program Manager to address participant barriers and
- Additional responsibilities as
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in social service or case management or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience working with adults from underserved communities or individuals with a history of criminal justice
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, ).
- Experience working in a data driven
- Strong computer and database skills (i.e. salesforce ).
- Experience working with individuals who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration.
- Experience working in a mentoring program or serving as a
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Program Manager for the Midsouth More Than Ready program.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Project Director-LYNC”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.