Community Engagement Coordinator
JULY 8, 2019
Location: New York Headquarters/National Office (22 Cortlandt St, 33rd Floor, New York, NY)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Strong Fathers, Stronger Families (SFSF) is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’s Administration for Children and Families. The program is designed to support low-income fathers in New York City enter and thrive in the workforce while developing closer relationships with their children, partners, and co-parents. Seedco has been operating SFSF since 2011 and partners with local community-based organizations to deliver the critical services offered by SFSF.
The community engagement coordinator is primarily focused on recruiting new participants for SFSF program and other programs as assigned and spreading the word about Seedco’s programs to the community. The community engagement coordinator will assist in developing an outreach strategy designed to increase program enrollment, engagement, and awareness. This involves taking part in community coalitions, collaborations, and stakeholder groups as a representative of Seedco and identify opportunities for other staff members to take part in community discussions regarding the populations Seedco serves. The ideal candidate will have experience in the field as a practitioner and/or lived experience in high-need/high-opportunity communities.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Recruitment and Outreach
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant agencies, organizations, and community groups
- Attend and table at community events that align with Seedco’s programming
- Present on Seedco’s programs to community groups, community-based organizations, social service providers, potential participants, and other off-site stakeholders
- Conduct one-on-one outreach with fathers and other target populations
- Support other programs, as assigned, with outreach efforts
- Lead the implementation of program-wide recruitment strategy with inputs from program partners
- Facilitate regularly scheduled internal recruitment and outreach meetings with partner organizations
- Coordinate outreach efforts with other staff to ensure time is being maximized, efforts are not duplicated, and program staff knowledge and experience is integrated in outreach efforts
- Coordinate with program sites to bring community resources into the program to share with active participants
Data and Reporting
- Regularly document recruitment and outreach efforts
- Periodically submit trackers and reports on recruitment and outreach outcomes
- Make data-driven decisions on how to modify the strategy for maximum reach
- Track outreach and enrollment targets
*Perform related duties, as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Outgoing, caring, and engaging personality
- Organized and detail oriented
- Interest in or experience working with parenting and/or co-parenting programs, high-need/high-opportunity fathers, and/or young children
- Interest or experience conducting outreach or recruitment in underserved communities
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a human services field
- Experience with database systems
- Individuals with personal experience with social service systems and/or parenting programs encouraged to apply
- Established connections in the social service field
- Project management experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position requires travel several times a week around New York City, including traveling with outreach materials (tabling materials, laptop, etc.). Some evenings and weekend work will be required.
This position will receive regular and ongoing supervision from the SFSF Senior Program Manager and will coordinate with the Senior Director, New York around additional responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Community Engagement Coordinator-SFSF.” Please submit documents in a pdf or Microsoft Word format. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.