Director – Strong Fathers, Stronger Families Mid-South
OCTOBER 23, 2020
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Strong Fathers, Stronger Families (SFSF-Midsouth) is a program funded through the Department of Health and Human Services, ACF. The program is designed to provide a broad array of services to promote or sustain healthy marriage and relationships (including couple and co-parenting), strengthen positive father-child engagement, and improve employment and economic stability opportunities for adult fathers (ages 18 and older). Economic stability activities include occupations skills training, career pathway development, and employment mentoring.
The Director will report to and work closely with the Senior Director and will be responsible for all aspects of the SFSF-Midsouth program operations, including data management, team leadership, partner oversight, contract oversight and administration, as well as creating and strengthening existing community partnerships in support of the SFSF-Midsouth program.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Responsible for all program planning, organizing, operating, and staffing
- Supervise assigned team members, working closely with them to strengthen programming and streamline processes across programs
- Measure performance and improve quality of services in assigned agency programs
- Identify and implement best practices
- Create ongoing opportunities for all staff members to provide feedback on program operations
- Inform the Senior Director (and other staff members and Board of Directors as advisable) of program issues, changes, and accomplishments
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of all internal operations
- Enhance agency infrastructure to better support agency programming
- Manage information technology, including ongoing maintenance and updating of systems, hardware, and software
- Implement data collection systems to streamline reporting on outputs and outcomes in all program areas
- Manage program aspects of the annual budget in conjunction with program directors and the Director
- Strengthen relationships with other service providers to improve service delivery to clients.
- Serve on community committees and boards in accordance with MSRO needs and strategic plan.
- Master’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience administering government grants required
- 3-5 years’ management experience required
- Familiarity with nonprofit policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with superior client skills as well as capacity to engage in critical thinking and analysis of programs and service delivery
- Ability to adjust to the diverse needs of clients and staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Skills should include demonstrated leadership ability, problem solving, data analysis, personnel management, and strong interpersonal skills
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Senior Director.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: mailto:email@example.com with position being applied for in the subject line. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.