FEBRUARY 12, 2021
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Strong Fathers, Stronger Families (SFSF-Midsouth) is a program funded through the Department of Health and Human Services, ACF. The program is designed to provide a broad array of services to promote or sustain healthy marriage and relationships (including couple and co-parenting), strengthen positive father-child engagement, and improve employment and economic stability opportunities for adult fathers (ages 18 and older). Economic stability activities include occupational skills training, career pathway development, and employment mentoring.
The Education Coordinator will provide streamlined services provision in the implementation of workshops for fathers in the Mid-South region. The workshops will be specific to evidence -based curricula regarding healthy relationships, responsible parenting, economic stability, job readiness and soft skills training. The Education Coordinator will work closely with the Director, Program Manager, Data Manager and Seedco collaborative partners to ensure that adult male participants are enrolled and receiving seminars and education specific to the grant program. Additionally, the Education Coordinator will work with the Case Managers to ensure that the participants receive any necessary referrals for any required supportive services. The Education Coordinator will report directly to the Director, SFSF-Midsouth.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Schedule and conduct education seminars specific to healthy relationships, responsible parenting, job readiness training, soft skills training, etc.
- Will ensure classes are conducted as scheduled and will work with the SFSF Director to mitigate any barriers facing participants regarding attendance.
- Will provide oversight and will work in collaboration with other grant partners providing supplemental workshops.
- Increase and maintain effective collaborative relationships with other community-based agencies.
- Ensure the overall project goals, including number served, is met, or exceeded.
- Connect participants with resources available in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- A background in education with some classroom experience is preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, workforce development, financial empowerment
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually
- Experience working with nonprofit organization, community groups and/or with government contracts strongly preferred
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Director, SFSF-Midsouth.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: mailto:email@example.com with position being applied for in the subject line. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.