Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. Seedco’s Bridges to Careers (BTC): Supporting Justice-Involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The Intake Specialist will be responsible for recruitment and intake activities for BTC, including coordinating with Seedco’s key outreach and referral partners. He/She will communicate program benefits to potential participants and bring various service providers and community stakeholders to share information and resources.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conduct outreach and recruitment efforts to ensure youth participation goals are met
- Prepare and present program materials to referral partners and potential participants
- Screen potential program participants for program eligibility.
- Complete initial tracking of and scheduling of recruited individuals for assessment activities
- Plan and facilitate participant meetings and partner meetings.
- Maintain and grow effective collaborative relationships with project staff and other community agencies.
- Conduct weekly reminder calls/texts/emails (based on participants preferred mode of contact) to recruited and enrolled participants regarding upcoming activities, such as appointments with project staff, job fairs, soft skills workshops, and mentoring opportunities.
- Engage in extensive outreach to locate participants for follow-up activities
- Connect participants with resources available in the community.
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience in social service or case management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with individuals or young adults who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, etc.)
- Experience working in a data driven environment
- Strong computer and database skills
- Strong writing skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Program Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume to mailto:BaltimoreJobs@seedco.org.