Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Seedco has two programs funded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA) aimed at linking individuals who have been involved with the justice-system to employment opportunities.
The job developer will identify/create job opportunities for participants and match qualified participants with these employment opportunities. The job developer will be responsible for developing relationships with employers and community partners, successfully placing participants into jobs, and supporting career case managers to provide ongoing retention services and supports to both the employer and the participants.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conduct regular outreach to local employers to develop and maintain relationships that lead to job orders
- Analyze current trends in hiring practices, soft skills training, etc. and integrate into all programmatic offerings as needed
- Work directly with participants to provide job coaching and job placement support
- Utilize technology to better support participants career matching
- Enter and update participant information (job placements, job interviews and career events, etc.) regularly in program database
- Prepare regular reports of activity and progress toward outcomes for leadership and partners
- Collaborate with job developers in other Seedco locations to share lessons learned
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- One or more of the following: Bachelor’s degree, related work experience, industry certifications or established relationships in one of the following sectors; Construction, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Transportation/Logistics or Hospitality
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience with coaching or mentoring
- Experience working in a data driven environment
- Ability to work independently while being responsive to requests and inquiries from participants, colleagues, and leadership
- Strong computer and database skills
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working with individuals who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration
- Experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Experience working with a Salesforce database
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Assistant Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume to mailto:BaltimoreJobs@seedco.org.