Job Developer — Turning Point
April 23, 2019
Location: Seedco Mid-South Regional Office
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need.
Funded by the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL)’s Reentry Project grant program, Seedco’s Young Adult Reentry Project – Turning Point’s goal is to improve employment opportunities for justice-involved young adults in Memphis. The program will meet participants where they are by addressing their basic needs and barriers to success resulting in placement of participants in long-term, well-paying jobs. SYRAP will offer participants career pathways through training, education, financial coaching, job placement and career development services.
The Job Developer is an integral part of the success of the SYARP grant program. The Job Developer will identify/create job opportunities for participants of Seedco’s grant programs and match qualified participants with these employment opportunities. The Job Developer will be responsible for developing relationships with employers, successfully placing participants into these jobs and providing on going retention services and supports to both the employer and the participants. The Job Developer/Career Coach will also be responsible for assisting in selected training programs that will prepare and/or enhance participant’s ability to obtain and maintain employment.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Make sales calls on employers who have open positions that candidates qualify to fill and obtain job orders for those positions
- Analyze current trends in hiring practices, soft skills training, etc. and integrate into all programmatic offerings as needed
- Provide follow up for all participants relative to job searches, job placement and retention with Case Managers and Program Coordinators
- Serve as the liaison between Seedco and employer partners relative to retention
- Develop and maintain employer relationships that can be incorporated into Seedco MSRO repository of employer partners
- Maintain all Seedco branded career development tools and presentations
- Actively recruit employers in the following high demand industries: Warehouse/Logistics, Business, Healthcare, IT, Hospitality, Retail, Automotive Industry, Foodservice/Restaurant Industry, Customer Service, Janitorial
- Lead group discussions and career mentoring initiatives for all program participants
- Provide career coaching and job search strategies to all program participants while they are enrolled in training
- Ensure that program participants are linked to sustainable employment within 60 days of program enrollment
- Ensure that all candidate and job related data is entered into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Provide and/or facilitate ongoing seminars, workshops, and industry specific training as needed
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Have established relationships with specific high demand industries to include, Advance Manufacturing, Business, Healthcare, IT, Logistics Hospitality, Retail and Automotive Industry, Ability to perform outreach, networking and market candidates and the program
- Knowledge of the demand-driven approach to employment services, job development strategies and labor market trends in a range of occupational fields
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to capture and report out on outcomes on a monthly or bi-weekly basis.
- Serve as a point of information and resource for clients, fellow staff members, and service providers
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, workforce development, financial empowerment;
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required;
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with employer and government contracts strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills;
- Experience working with young adults to build skills and achieve sustainable employment.
- Experience in managing and supporting client needs. Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Mid-South Regional Office Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Job Developer-Turning Point.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.