Linking Yourself and Neighbors to Coverage
September 10, 2021
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Founded in 1987 and rooted in the Mid-South region since 2004, Seedco’s Mid-South Regional Office (MSRO) has received funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to provide health insurance outreach, education, and enrollment assistance across 10 counties in West Tennessee. The Linking Yourself and Neighbors to Coverage (LYNC) program will help individuals to establish eligibility, enroll in coverage, and determine if they may quality for affordable health insurance programs through the federal marketplace.
The Lead Navigator provides coordination and oversight for a specific region ensuring effective Navigator services are provided to West Tennessee residents. The Lead Navigator is a working Navigator, certified and skilled in eligibility screenings and determinations, enrollment services, plan selection, outreach and educational campaigns. The Lead Navigator will report directly to the Program Manager and will be required to meet monthly and quarterly benchmarks in accordance with program requirements.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Complete Navigator training courses and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to all clients seeking health benefits;
- Conduct marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options through the Federal Marketplace.
- Work independently, travelling throughout assigned territory to provide services and meet with scheduled appointments in various locations.
- Handle sensitive and personal information, adhering to client confidentiality and PII.
- Provide assistance with changes to income and household data within an account.
- Present plan comparisons including co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket expenses.
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes.
- Complete eligibility for Federal tax credits, Medicaid and Qualified Health Plans.
- Inform consumers of requirements to remain enrolled in the program/s.
- Enter data from consumer interactions, outreach, and education activities.
- Retain and implement policies, procedures and best practices, working to overcome challenges.
- Assist in partnership development to create referral pathways and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Assist in training new Navigators.
- Ensure that Navigators maintain and update documentation including manuals, binders, and files.
- Coordinate outreach events.
- Serve as a point of information and resource for clients, fellow staff members, and service providers.
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting. Experience in the Federal Exchange is a plus.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government entities strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
- Experience in managing and supporting client needs. Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
- Bilingual English and Spanish fluency preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. Requires the ability to travel throughout assigned territory and to work remotely, on occasion, with portable equipment. Some evening and weekend work is required and the ability to lift 15 pounds.
This position reports to the Program Manager of the LYNC program.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Lead Navigator- LYNC”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.