HEALTH INSURANCE NAVIGATOR
(bilingual, Spanish speaking)
March 1, 2023
This position is located in St. Mary’s and Charles County, Maryland
Seedco is a non-profit organization providing program management for 10 counties with the Maryland Health Exchange. We are seeking full time Navigators for the Upper Eastern, Eastern and Southern counties in Maryland. Navigators execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services, and conduct referrals between relevant entities, working individually and as part of a team. Fluency in Spanish is required for this position, which includes benefits.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Complete State of Maryland Navigator training courses and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional, and confidential assistance in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to all clients seeking health benefits.
- Conduct education and outreach within local communities about health insurance options through Maryland Health Connection and the Connector Program.
- Work independently, travelling throughout their assigned territory to provide services and meet with scheduled appointments in various locations.
- Handle sensitive and personal information, adhering to client confidentiality and PII;
- Provide assistance with changes to income and household data in a consumer’s account.
- Present plan comparisons including co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket expenses;
- Complete eligibility for Federal tax credits, Medicaid, and Qualified Health Plans.
- Inform consumers of requirements to remain enrolled in the program/s.
- Enter data from consumer interactions, outreach, and education activities.
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes;
- Retain and implement policies, procedures, and best practices, working to overcome challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience; 2+ years’ related experience;
- Excellent computer skills; including familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to browse the Web comfortably; experience with database software a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills necessary;
- Fluency in Spanish
- Excellent organizational skills and diligence;
- Ability to put clients at ease while asking sensitive and personal questions;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data-driven environment and a proven history of achieving performance targets is preferred;
- Knowledge of Health Insurance options preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory-tri-county region
- Ability to work remotely with portable equipment
- Some evening and weekend work is required
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
This position will receive supervision from the Assistant Director
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to MDjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Navigator – Bilingual.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.