Navigator, Southern MD Region
JULY 8, 2019
Location: Charles County, MD Office
Navigators will execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services, and execute hand-offs between relevant entities, working with a team of one to four other Navigators and reporting directly to a Regional Associate.
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Complete State of Maryland Navigator training course and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional, and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits;
- Conduct marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options through Maryland Health Connection and the Connector Program;
- Work independently, travelling throughout their assigned territory providing services in various locations as needed.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality;
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes; and
- Provide assistance and input creating various materials for the Maryland Connector Program.
- Achieve performance targets, working closely with the Regional Associate and others to identify and overcome challenges.
- Bachelor degree required or equivalent experience; 2+ years’ related experience;
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred;
- Excellent computer skills; including familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to browse the Web comfortably; experience with database software a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills a must;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to put clients at ease while asking sensitive and personal questions;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data-driven environment and a proven track record of achieving performance targets is preferred; and
- Knowledge on Health Care options preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory, as required
- Ability to work remotely with portable equipment
- Some evening and weekend work is required
This position will receive supervision from the Regional Associate in this region.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to MDjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Navigator, Southern MD Region.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.