Southern MD Region
September 10, 2021
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Seedco is an official partner of the Maryland Health Connection, providing enrollment assistance with health and dental insurance. Our team of certified Navigators works with Marylanders across 10 counties as they look at plan options, including assistance with determining eligibility for tax credits to reduce monthly costs.
We are seeking a full time Navigator for the Southern Region including Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary’s counties. Navigators execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services, and conduct referrals between relevant entities, working individually and as part of a team, reporting to the Program Manager. Residents of the Tri-County area is desirable.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Complete state Navigator training course and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits;
- Conduct education and outreach within local communities about health insurance options through Maryland Health Connection and the Connector Program.
- Work independently, traveling throughout their assigned territory providing services in various locations as needed.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality;
- Provide assistance with changes to income and household data within an account.
- Present plan comparisons including co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket expenses;
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes;
- Complete eligibility for Federal tax credits, Medicaid, and Qualified Health Plans.
- Inform consumers of requirements to remain enrolled in the program/s.
- Enter data from consumer interactions, outreach, and education activities.
- Retain and implement policies, procedures, and best practices, working to overcome challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience; 2+ years related experience;
- Excellent computer skills; including familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to browse the Web comfortably; experience with database software a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills a must;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to put clients at ease while asking sensitive and personal questions;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data-driven environment and a proven track record of achieving performance targets is preferred; and
- Knowledge of Health Insurance options preferred
- Candidates must have valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation
- Ability to earn and maintain MHBE Navigator Certification
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory as required
- Ability to work remotely with portable equipment
- Some evening and weekend work is required
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
This position will receive supervision from the Program Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to MDjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Navigator – Southern MD.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.