July 6, 2021
Seedco is in the process of relocating our New York offices to a new space located in Inwood (Northern Manhattan). This position will be based out of that new location beginning in October. In August and September, this position will work partially remotely and partially from a temporary Bronx location.
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Seedco operates programs in New York, Maryland, Tennessee, and Arkansas.
Seedco is seeking an experienced Office Coordinator to support the administrative and operational functions of Seedco’s headquarters. As the first face and/or voice a visitor, program participant, or partner will encounter at Seedco, this position requires someone who can provide excellent customer service. This is a dynamic role that will wear multiple hats. The Office Coordinator will be responsible for tracking office supply inventories and placing orders, maintaining relationships with vendors, managing the check request process, and working regularly with Seedco’s parent organization, the Acacia Network to coordinate fiscal, HR, and other administrative supports. This role will be based in New York but have regular communication and a strong relationship with staff from Seedco’s regional offices as well as work closely with the leadership team to ensure the needs of each office are being met.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Serve as receptionist, greeting and welcoming all guests to the office
- Maintain daily visitor log
- Direct visitors to appropriate person or office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls to the Seedco main telephone line
- Ensure that front desk/reception area remains clean and well organized
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail and deliveries
- Coordinate with landlord, building management, and other vendors to address maintenance issues
- Manage building and office ID cards and/or keys (activation, deactivation, collection, distribution)
- Maintain a log for building/office IDs and keys
- Assist with setting up before and cleaning up after Seedco-hosted events and meetings
- Monitor office supply stock levels and order supplies for New York office and coordinate with regional offices to ensure supply orders are placed regularly and promptly filled
- Manage conference and meeting room schedules
- Coordinate with Acacia Network finance and administrative staff to finalize corporate credit card reconciliation process (e.g. gathering receipts, applying cost codes and expense codes)
- Prepare check requests for Seedco leadership as requested
- Coordinate and track check request/payment process (Seedco staff signatures, submission to finance process, finance and leadership signatures, etc.)
- Maintain regular filing and records in accordance with Seedco and government policies including digital storage and a log of all completed and submitted check requests
- Coordinate with Acacia Network human resources department as needed to ensure Seedco offices have required workplace notices, that HR forms are processed, and other requests are addressed.
- Prepare travel requests for staff as needed
- Provide back-up support for programmatic operations as needed including incentive and travel supports ordering, distribution, and management
Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Associates Degree in a related field and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (please describe how your education and experience prepares you for this position in your cover letter)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess computer skills including advanced knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office (Word, Sharepoint, OneDrive, and Powerpoint in particular)
- Must have the ability and experience performing complex tasks and prioritizing multiple projects
- Organized and detail oriented
- Spanish language proficiency
- Experience with Salesforce
- Certifications in administrative work, office work, or other office professional certifications
- Experience working for and/or with nonprofits
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. This job may require occasional travel around New York City.
The Office Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Office Coordinator”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.