September 15, 2021
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. The Outreach Specialist reports to the Program Coordinator (Benefits Advocacy) to connect low-income households with a comprehensive suite of financial resources. The Outreach Specialist will implement SNAP (food stamps) outreach, providing SNAP education, screenings and application assistance.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
- Provide onsite and/or virtual courteous, professional, and confidential assistance to clients at assigned community-based locations who need help accessing benefits such as SNAP, health insurance, tax credits and more.
- Follow-up with clients, assist with troubleshooting, and document outcomes in database systems; MD Think and Seedco’s Earned Benefits Online
- Regularly attend outreach events in order to provide public education to the community about the SNAP Program
- Provide financial coaching
- Maintain state certification to assist with health insurance coverage applications via Maryland Health Connection.
- Participate in supervisory and staff meetings.
- GED or high school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Ability to travel freely around Maryland required.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and database software experience.
- Experience working closely with community-based partners and social service agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team, as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Frequent local travel and occasional long-distance travel
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to MDjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Outreach Specialist”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.