June 28, 2022
Cecil and St. Mary’s/Charles Counties
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunities for people, businesses, and communities in need. The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange (MHBE) has selected Seedco to manage the Connector Entity Program, provide education and health insurance opportunities, and enrollment assistance to residents in the Upper Eastern Shore and Southern Regions of Maryland. MHBE’s product, Maryland Health Connection, provides a marketplace for individuals, families, and small businesses to compare and enroll in health insurance, as well as determine eligibility for Medicaid, CHIP, federal tax credits and cost-sharing reductions in qualified health plans.
The Outreach Specialist is responsible to educate the public and develop partnerships with organizations, by promoting Maryland Health Connection and its insurance affordability programs within an assigned territory. The Outreach Specialist’s overarching goal is to reach hard to convince and persistently uninsured consumers and provide them with program information.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Gain an understanding of Maryland Health Connection benefits, policies and guidelines and be proficient in explaining them to the public.
- Conduct research for the assigned territory to identify organizations and events that will be helpful to distribute program information to the public.
- With support from the Outreach Manager, identify opportunities within the community to initiate, develop and maintain outreach partnerships which will facilitate the spread of program information.
- Provide targeted outreach to Spanish speaking consumers, communities, organizations and at events.
- Generate opportunities to speak with partners and their staff to circulate information about the program through in-person meetings and virtual meetings.
- Give presentations to groups of consumers about program benefits and eligibility.
- Provide resources as appropriate to the Local Health Departments, Departments of Social Services and Navigator for enrollment assistance.
- Regularly participate in outreach events to provide public education and information to connect with the hard to reach and persistently uninsured people in the community.
- Provide customer service to consumers who visit Seedco Support Centers.
- Provide onsite and/or virtual courteous, professional, and confidential assistance to consumers that is culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Work independently, travelling throughout the assigned territory to perform responsibilities in various locations as needed.
- Document all outreach initiatives; one-on-one encounters, materials provided, contacts and results.
- Act always with integrity, honesty, and transparency. Participate in supervisory and staff meetings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- GED or high school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Speak fluent Spanish
- Ability to travel freely within the county/ies assigned.
- Experience collaborating with community-based partners and social service agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to speak in public settings.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team, as needed.
- Computer skills including MS Office and database software experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- This job requires consistent walking and standing at events and outdoor activities.
- Event activities may include setting up and taking down a tent, table, chair, and giveaways transported in a vehicle.
- Ability to carry twenty pounds.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Frequent local travel.
- Attend events on Saturdays and early evening hours as scheduled.
This position will receive supervision from the Outreach Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to MDjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Outreach Specialist.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.