Part-Time Enrollment Counselor (Temporary)
JULY 7, 2020
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need.
This position is funded by a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) grant to enroll and retain underserved children and their parent/s that are currently without health insurance coverage. This position includes educating families on the availability of free or low-cost health coverage under Medicaid and CHIP, identifying children likely to be eligible for these programs, and assisting families with the application and renewal process. The Part-time, Temporary Enrollment Counselor (EC) will execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services for Medicaid and Tennessee Children’s Health Insurance Program, and conduct post-enrollment follow-up. The Part-Time, Temporary Enrollment Counselor will work with an assigned partner in the Memphis, TN or Tipton County regions.
Primary Job Functions:
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to children and parent/s that are currently underserved and uninsured
- Provide benefits screening and application assistance for enrollment in Medicaid and Tennessee Children’s Health Insurance Program using the appropriate tools to streamline client enrollment processes
- Provide benefits screening and application assistance for a wide range of additional benefits to further stabilize these households using Seedco’s EarnBenefits Online® (EBO) benefits screening tool
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes
- Conduct face-to-face educational and enrollment outreach to consumers in group and individual meetings
- Attend local community events, health fairs, and other assigned venues to reach the targeted population
- Participate in training sessions required by Seedco, GCS, and SCHD, as directed;
- Make appropriate referrals to local Health Departments, Departments of Social Services and other entities for needed services
- Follow all approved standard operating procedures and other applicable state and federal regulations
- Effectively and consistently provide accurate and timely documentation of daily activities and results
- Maintain accountability, reliability, and dependability when performing all assigned job duties
- Achieve performance targets, working closely with the others to identify and overcome challenges; and
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to all policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
The Part-Time, Temmporary Enrollment Counselor will report directly to the Healthy Kids Program Coordinator. Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Ability to perform outreach, networking, and market the program
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to conduct outreach and enrollments at identified partner sites.
- Ability to conduct outreach and enrollment events as per schedule.
- Ability to capture and report out on outcomes on a monthly or bi-weekly basis.
- Serve as a point of information and resource for clients, fellow staff members, and service providers
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, healthcare settings, knowledge of medical insurance enrollment.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required;
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with employer and government contracts strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
- Experience in managing and supporting client needs. Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities, particularly people living in poverty.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: mailto:email@example.com with the subject line “Part-Time Enrollment Counselor.”
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.