Program Assistant — Memphis
DECEMBER 8, 2018
Location: Seedco Mid-South (Memphis, TN)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Empower YOUth: Supports Out of School Youth/Young Adults ages 18-24 is a program funded by the local Workforce Board. Turning Point and BTC (Bridges to Careers): Supporting Justive-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). RISE (Re-entry Into Society to Excel): Supporting re-entering citizens and individuals on probation and/or parole. The programs are designed to assist individuals with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The Program Assistant will assist the Seedco Mid-South regional Office in effective and consistent engage/re-engagement with all participants in Seedco programs.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Program Support – Assist the Seedco MSRO team in preparing program materials, tracking program participants, conducting routine follow-up with participants and entering information into agency database. Will assist in related program activities.
Communications Support – Help the Seedco MSRO team monitor, prepare and disseminate written and spoken communications across multiple media.
Administrative Support – Will operate and manage the front entrance and thereby act as first point of contact for Seedco MSRO. Will schedule meetings, organize travel logistics, maintain the calendar and provide related support to the team.
- Represent the organization positively in public at all times by acting as a professional representative and ambassador;
- Support the mission and goals of the organization across all programs and departments;
- Provide day-to-day assistance, coverage to the front desk and data quality support to the MSRO;
- Track, monitor and follow-up on progress of projects and action items for leadership in a tactful and timely manner;
- Coordinate and help facilitate professional development trainings for program staff;
- Support program’s quality assurance efforts by closely monitoring and managing database/ providing technical assistance to staff on Best Practices in handling and entering data
- Coordinate submission of data from all program partners and assist leadership in compiling information for program reports, presentations, etc.;
- Manage order and distribution of incentives and transportation assistance;
- Manage room reservations and organization-wide calendar invitations;
- Attend meetings and trainings as directed by leadership;
- Any other related task as assigned.
- Maintain accountability to administrative systems and procedures, including submitting expense reimbursements, credit card reconciliations, invoices, and so on by the deadlines assigned, as well as submitting content for the organizational calendar and informing other staff of activities and whereabouts.
- Participate actively in staff meetings and retreats and Board meetings when requested
- Plan, track, and report on individual and departmental work in support of organizational coordination and synergy.
- Contribute content for organizational communications and marketing materials.
- Take notes and action minutes at key program meeting.
- Compile and disseminate program materials and documents.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience in social service, sales, staffing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a data driven environment.
- Ability to work independently while being responsive to requests and inquiries from participants, colleagues, and leadership.
- Strong computer and database skills.
- Experience working with individuals who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration.
- Knowledge or experience in the local business sectors.
- Experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position will have dual reporting to the Program Manger and the Director of Seedco-MSRO.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to mailto:email@example.com, with the subject line “Program Assistant”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.