Program Assistant, B2C
JULY 8, 2019
Location: Bronx, NY Field Office (509 Willis Ave. 6th Floor, Bronx, NY)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Bridges to Careers (B2C): Supporting Justice-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The program assistant will work closely with the B2C Program Manager and Assistant Director to support the program’s day-to-day operations and provide programmatic assistance in the delivery of services at Seedco’s South Bronx field office.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide day-to-day operational assistance and support to the Program Manager and Assistant Director;
- Work with the Success Coaches and Employment Partnership Coordinator to track, monitor, and provide follow-up support for the enrolled participants;
- Develop content that will be used to market the program to partner organizations, community associations and residents;
- Assist with curating and facilitating strength-based youth development techniques that can be incorporated into the workforce readiness workshops;
- Assist with facilitating group mentoring and financial coaching sessions;
- Support the development of content for social media platforms and track relevant analytics;
- Support the program’s quality assurance efforts by closely monitoring and managing the program database and provide technical support to staff on data management;
- Assist in the collection and development of program quantitative reports;
- Manage the ordering and distribution processes of participants’ incentives and transportation assistance;
- Manage room reservations and office-wide calendar invitations;
- Assist in processing required forms and documentation for payment requests and documenting program expenses;
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma and a bachelor’s degree OR 5 years of related experience
- Must possess computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Must have the ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to present professionally and comfort speaking in front of groups;
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills;
- Must be organized and detail oriented;
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure; and
- Must be able to work well in both a team setting and individually.
- Strong knowledge of youth and workforce development programs;
- Experience working in nonprofits;
- Experience working with government funded programs;
- Experience utilizing Salesforce or similar databases
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position requires travel at least twice a month around New York City.
This position will be supervised by the B2C program manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “B2C – Program Assistant.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.