Program Coordinator — Baltimore
DECEMBER 8, 2018
Location: Baltimore, MD
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Bridges to Careers (BTC): Supporting Justive-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The Program Coordinator for BTC will support daily operations to ensure staff are addressing participant barriers to economic and financial stability.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate the day to day schedules of two Career Case Managers working with justice-involved individuals, ensuring appropriate balance of time in the field and time spent on administrative tasks
- Ensure Career Case Managers are trained on participant assessment tools and implementing in accordance with guidance
- Perform periodic spot checks of client files to ensure compliance
- Work closely with job development staff to understand employer hiring needs, to inform participant training opportunities
- Ensure referrals to external sources are tracked and outcomes documented
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in social service or case management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with individuals or young adults who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, etc.)
- Experience working in a data driven environment
- Strong computer and database skills
- Strong writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Experience supervising/coaching staff
- Experience with financial education and coaching
- Experience with job development, staffing, or career placement
- Experience working with a Salesforce database
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Assistant Director
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume to mailto:BaltimoreJobs@seedco.org.