Program Coordinator, BTC
MAY 22, 2019
Location: Seedco Mid-South (Memphis, TN / West Memphis, AR)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Bridges to Careers (BTC): Supporting Justive-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for day to day operations of BTC. He/She will ensure positive and effective communication on the team and provide direct supervision of the Career Case Managers. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing the intake, assessment, and enrollment process as well as facilitating instruction to program participants in job readiness and life skills training. The Program Coordinator will report directly to the Program Manager.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate all daily service provided including client eligibility, enrollment, and service delivery;
- Guide and Support Career Case Managers, whose responsibilities will include intake, job placement, retention, and supporting career advancement;
- Assist in the outreach and recruitment of program participants;
- Coordinate and manage relationships with community referral partners;
- Facilitate sessions using career exploration, life skills, and job readiness curricula;
- Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained, including case files and participant data entry;
- Ensure that all program data is captured and maintained according to agency and funder protocols.
- Prepare and present program materials to participants as well as community groups.
- Ensure that staff complete follow-up to capture participant referrals and outcomes;
- Maintain accountability, reliability, and dependability when performing all assigned job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, workforce development, financial empowerment;
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required;
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government contracts strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
- Experience working with young adults to build skills and achieve sustainable employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Program Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Coordinator-BTC”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.