Employment Services Coordinator
May 18, 2021
New York, NY and Bronx, NY
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. The Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program is a partnership between Seedco and Promesa, our affiliate partner under the Acacia Network. The program, funded by Promesa, Inc through a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (DOL-VETS), is designed to provide services to assist in reintegrating homeless verterans into meaningful employment within the labor force and to stimulate the development of effective service delivery systems that will address the complex problems facing homeless veterans.
The Employment Services Coordinator will identify/create job opportunities for program participants, match qualified participants with those employment opportunities, and provide ongoing retention services and supports to the participants post-job placement. The Employment Services Coordinator will be responsible for developing relationships with employers and community partners and cultivating vocational training opportunities and matching participants to the appropriate trainings.
The Employment Services Coordinator will also assist with coordinating Seedco’s role in the program. They will be responsible for coordinating with Promesa and the Acacia Network to ensure integrated service delivery for all program participants and will highlight successes and troubleshoot challenges with the Senior Director. The Employment Services Coordinator will also collaborate with the success coach to enhance the job readiness services with sector-based workshops and provide supports to prepare participants for the workforce.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Cold call employers who have open positions that program participants may qualify for
- Develop and manage partnerships with local and national employers who offer jobs that feature consistent scheduling, safe working conditions, and pathways to wage growth and professional advancement
- Utilize a strategic, individualized approach to place 90-150 veterans annually in sustainable jobs and facilitate replacement services for employers and jobseekers when necessary
- Place participants into jobs that align with their professional goals, values, and workplace preferences
- Provide coaching to participants and employer partners that is designed to increase the likelihood of participant job retention and professional advancement
- Support participants in preparing for jobs including resume and interview support
- Provide career coaching and job search strategies to program participants
- Provide and/or facilitate ongoing seminars, workshops, and industry-specific training as needed
- Use real-time labor market information, industry publications, and interviews with employers to analyze emerging labor market trends and relevant vocational training and credentials
- Utilize PathwayU, a predictive analytics portal, to match participants to jobs that align with their values and workplace preferences
- Document contact and outreach to participants and employers in real-time using Salesforce
- Enter and update participant information (job placements, job interviews and career events, etc.) regularly using Salesforce
- Collaborate with job developers in other Seedco programs to collectively develop and share job opportunities
- Coordinate with the Promesa team on case conferences, service delivery, continuity of care, and reporting
- Ensure proper documentation of all Seedco-led activities including conducting periodic spot checks on participant records
- Assess programmatic challenges and review with Seedco leadership to troubleshoot and develop solutions
- Coordinate with other Seedco staff regarding overlapping service efforts
- Monitor performance and outcomes and prepare regular reports of activity and progress toward outcomes for leadership and partners
- Provide support and leadership to the Success Coach
- Provide back up to the Success Coach as needed including faciliating occasional workshops, providing presentations to participants on employment-related issues, and conducting weekly check ins with a portion of employed participants
Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in social service, case management, and/or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in workforce development, job development, employer relations, career coaching, and/or staffing
- Project management experience and/or education
- Experience building relationships with employers, businesses, and/or community partners
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to place candidates in sustainable jobs
- Strong working knowledge of the five boroughs
- Resume development experience
- Experience with coaching or mentoring
- Experience working in a data driven environment
- Ability to work independently while being responsive to requests and inquiries from participants, colleagues, and leadership
- Strong computer and database skills
- Spanish fluency
- Experience working with veterans
- Experience working with homeless individuals
- Knowledge or experience in New York City’s workforce landscape (primary industries and sectors)
- Experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Experience working with a Salesforce database
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. This position will require travel around New York City, primarily in the Bronx and Manhattan.
This position reports to the Senior Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “HVRP – Employment Services Coordinator”. Please submit documents in pdf or Microsoft Word format. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.