August 25, 2022
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need.
This position is funded by a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) grant to enroll and retain underserved children and their parent/s that are currently without health insurance coverage. This position includes educating families on the availability of free or low-cost health coverage under Medicaid and CHIP, identifying children likely to be eligible for these programs, and assisting families with the application and renewal process. The Program Coordinator will direct and work closely with the Senior Director on program strategy and partner management. The Program Coordinator will supervise a team of Enrollment Counselors (EC’s) and parent mentors; coordinate their training, manage their work plans, and support their professional development. The PC will also conduct direct enrollment assistance. The Program Coordinator will lead monthly staff and partner check-ins to manage performance against targets and make course corrections, as necessary. The PC will coordinate monthly reporting to CMS with the Senior Director.
The Program Coordinator will initiate/engage/manage/sustain community partner relationships to ensure timely and efficient service delivery in the Shelby, Tipton and Haywood County regions of service delivery. The Program Coordinator will assist his/her team of Enrollment Counselors in executing outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services for Medicaid and Tennessee Children’s Health Insurance Program, and conduct post-enrollment follow-up.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Program Coordinator will initiate/engage/manage/sustain community partner relationships in Memphis/Shelby County, Haywood and Tipton County.
- The Program Coordinator will assist his/her team of Enrollment Counselors in executing outreach and education campaigns.
- The Program Coordinator will lead monthly staff and partner check-ins to manage performance against targets and make course corrections.
- The Program Coordinator will coordinate monthly reporting to the Senior Director.
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to children and parent/s that are currently underserved and uninsured.
- Provide benefits screening and application assistance for enrollment in Medicaid and Tennessee Children’s Health Insurance Program using the appropriate tools to streamline client enrollment processes.
- Provide benefits screening and application assistance for a wide range of additional benefits to further stabilize these households using Seedco’s EarnBenefits Online® (EBO) benefits screening tool.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality.
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes.
- Attend local community events, health fairs, and other assigned venues to reach the targeted population.
- Participate in training sessions required by CMS, Seedco and as directed.
- Make appropriate referrals to local Health Departments, Departments of Social Services and other entities for needed services.
- Follow all approved standard operating procedures and other applicable state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare related standard operating procedures with the ability to create program specific SOP’s.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effectively and consistently provide accurate and timely documentation of daily activities and results.
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties.
- Achieve performance targets, working closely with the Senior Director to identify and overcome challenges; and
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to all policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, healthcare settings, knowledge of medical insurance enrollment.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government contracts strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
- Experience in managing and supporting client needs. Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The Program Coordinator will report directly to the MSRO Senior Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Coordinator-Healthy Kids TN”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.