Program Development and Planning Intern — New York
DECEMBER 20, 2017
Reporting to the Seedco Executive Director and senior staff, who work closely together, the intern will take on projects related to new program directions; will participate in strategic planning projects, and will assist with marketing and business development, including:
- Research successful evidence-based program models, emerging policy, and fundraising trends to support program development.
- Project managing the production of competitive, timely, well-researched grant applications.
- Working on special projects that arise as priorities of the Executive Director, often around strategy or communications.
- Promoting the organization and its products (such as EarnBenefits Online) through marketing and business development activities such as updating materials, researching potential customers, and performing market research.
The intern will work with all Seedco offices (NYC, Memphis, Baltimore, and two in Maryland), directly with senior leadership in each location, as projects arise.
This is an unpaid intern position.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including ability to analyze and synthesize information for various audiences.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Detail-oriented, with an ability to manage effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, to collaborate as needed, and to take direction.
- Possess a variety of computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy.
Please send cover letter and resume directly to email@example.com.
For more information, visit: https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-internship/254e5c3499ca492abf5c34a7adcbb14c-program-development-and-planning-intern-structured-employment-economic-development-corporation-seedco-new-york