Program Finance Accountant
APRIL 7, 2020
Location: New York Headquarters/National Office (22 Cortlandt St., 33rd Floor, New York, NY)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in New York that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need, and is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. Seedco operates programs in 6 states, and its grant funders include the U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Maryland Health Benefits Exchange, Maryland Department of Human Services, and several private foundations. Seedco also offers its EarnBenefits Online (EBO) software on a license basis to subscribers around the country.
Under the supervision of Seedco’s Director of Finance, and in coordination with the Acacia Network Controller, the Program Finance Accountant/Associate will support Seedco’s grants and contracts portfolio with financial reporting in compliance with funder compliance requirements, Seedco policies and procedures as well as Acacia policies and procedures. Working closely with the Acacia finance team, and Seedco’s Program and Headquarters staff, the Program Finance Accountant/Associate will provide day to day financial support to all programmatic and operational activities of Seedco’s Grants Portfolio.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare accurate and timely Grants financial reports and funder invoices for review to the Director of Finance and in line with various award/contract reporting requirements.
- Reconcile and keep track of funder invoices for multi-year grants against approved budgets and CEs/NCEs, identifying, communicating and rectifying billing discrepancies
- Proactively manage the Accounts Receivable (AR), perform follow up on ARaging invoices, record AR JEs, hold regular meetings with the Director of Finance to discuss AR issues, respond to invoicing inquiries and maintaining accurate funder files.
- Ensures correct allocation of staff time and other program costs to Seedco’s grant’s portfolio.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of allocable charges and other expenses incurred by Acacia on Seedco’s behalf.
- Ensure timely, accurate and regular recording grant revenue for both performance-based and cost-based awards.
- Work closely with program teams to ensure accurate records for distribution lists, reconciliations for gift cards, metro cards and other participant incentives are maintained and updated.
- Maintain the finance calendar to track key dates, including program report and invoicing deadlines.
- Work closely with the office coordinator to maintain a log of all check payments, wires from funders, sub tenants, and other payments
- Prepare and upload month-end Journal entries including the Payroll Journal Entry, indirect costs, fringe benefits, rent allocation, telephone allocation and other shared costs.
- Develop and manage an electronic filing system of key financial documents including reports, grant contracts and amendments, financial policies, billed invoices, salary allocations, credit card reconciliations, bank statements, etc.
- Analyze grant expenses, investigate variances to advise the program directors on under/over expenditure trends and potential issues.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
- University degree in any of the following areas; accounting, business, management, finance or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in a grants/program finance role preferably in a large Nonprofit Organization.
- Direct experience working with federal or state funded contract awards and sub awards from funding agencies such as US DOL, US DHHS, New York State, State of Maryland, State of Tennessee, etc.
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP and USG Uniform Guidance requirements (2 CFR Part 200)
- Detail oriented, but able to grasp the big picture.
- Proven experience with Cost Allocation Methodologies, Indirect Cost Recovery & NICRA application
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fund EZ accounting software is a plus, but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The program manager reports to the Director of Finance
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Program Finance Accountant/Associate”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.