September 20, 2021
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Founded in 1987 and rooted in the Midsouth since 2004, will provide outreach education and enrollment assistance in the Federal Marketplace. The Linking Yourself and Neighbors to Coverage (LYNC) program will help individuals to establish eligibility, enroll in coverage, and determine if they may quality for affordability programs in a 10-county region of western Tennessee. Seedco, via funding from the Department of Health and Human Services will provide HHS Navigator enrollment services across 10 counties in West Tennessee.
The Program Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations of LYNC. He/She will ensure positive and effective communication for the team and provide direct supervision of the Lead Navigator and five Navigators. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the intake, assessment, and enrollment process as well ensuring appropriate follow up care and referrals are provided to program enrollees. Similarly, The Program Manager will have familiarity with and knowledge of the Federal Exchange and will work closely with community partners to establish a presence across the ten targeted counties. He/She will work with partner agencies whose staff are trained in a client-centered model that utilizes a multi-domain tool and is undergirded by a shared data platform. This framework is a collaboration across a wide array of programs and services, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of service delivery by seamlessly, intentionally, and efficiently moving individuals and their families to insurance coverage.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Senior Director.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Complete Navigator training courses and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to all clients seeking health benefits;
- Conduct marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options through the Federal Marketplace.
- Work independently, travelling throughout the 10-county territory to provide services and meet with scheduled appointments in various locations.
- Handle sensitive and personal information, adhering to client confidentiality and PII.
Provide assistance with changes to income and household data within an account.
- Present plan comparisons including co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket expenses.
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes.
- Complete eligibility for Federal tax credits, Medicaid and Qualified Health Plans.
- Inform consumers of requirements to remain enrolled in the program/s.
- Enter data from consumer interactions, outreach, and education activities.
- Retain and implement policies, procedures and best practices, working to overcome challenges.
- Assist in partnership development to create referral pathways and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Assist in training new Navigator through job shadow opportunities. Occasionally present training topics at all-Navigator trainings.
- Ensure that Navigators maintain and update documentation including manuals, binders, and files.
- Coordinate outreach events.
- Be available to assist Navigators to troubleshoot specific application issues in HBX prior to escalation.
- Serve as a point of information and resource for clients, fellow staff members, and service providers.
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting. Experience in the Federal Exchange is a plus.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually
- Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government entities strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
- Experience working with young adults to build skills and achieve sustainable employment.
- Experience in managing and supporting client needs. Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory as required
- Ability to work remotely, on occasion, with portable equipment
- Some evening and weekend work is required
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
This position reports to the Senior Director.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Manager-LYNC”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.