Program Manager – Strong Fathers, Stronger Families Mid-South
OCTOBER 23, 2020
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Strong Fathers, Stronger Families (SFSF-Midsouth) is a program funded through the Department of Health and Human Services, ACF. The program is designed to provide a broad array of services to promote or sustain healthy marriage and relationships (including couple and co-parenting), strengthen positive father-child engagement, and improve employment and economic stability opportunities for adult fathers (ages 18 and older). Economic stability activities include occupations skills training, career pathway development, employment and employment mentoring.
The Program Manager will be responsible for day to day operations of SFSF-Midsouth. He/She will ensure positive and effective communication on the team and provide direct supervision of the Education Coordinator, Career Case Managers and Job Developers. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the intake, assessment, and enrollment process as well ensuring that intensive case management and appropriate follow up care and referrals are provided to program participants. Similarly, The Program Manager will have experience in creating, facilitating, and monitoring an accountable system of care. He/She will work with partner agencies whose staff are trained in a client-centered model that utilizes a multi-domain assessment tool and is undergirded by a shared data platform. This framework is a collaboration across a wide array of programs and services, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of service delivery by seamlessly, intentionally, and efficiently moving individuals and their families toward economic self-sufficiency and other life goals which they, the clients, identify. The Program Manager will carry a small caseload when the volume at any given time exceeds the Case Managers’ capacity.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Director, SFSF-Midsouth.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Coordinate all daily service provided including client eligibility, enrollment and service delivery
- Guide and Support Career Case Managers and Job Developers whose responsibilities will include intake, job placement, creating an IDP, providing paths to economic stability, retention, and supporting career advancement
- Assist in the outreach and recruitment of program participants
- Coordinate and manage relationships with community referral partner.
- Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained, including case files and participant data entry
- Ensure that all program data is captured and maintained according to agency and funder protocols
- Prepare and present program materials to participants as well as community groups
- Ensure that staff complete follow-up to capture participant referrals and outcomes
- Assess, determine and process incentive eligibility and endure all incentives are distributed and accounted for
- Assess client needs, based on identified assessment tools
- Based on the results of the varied assessment tools, assist case manages in referring program participants to appropriate resources
- Coordinate and monitor services received by the program participants
- Communicate regularly with all providers involved to ensure appropriate care is provided, and to reduce duplication of services
- Attend professional development trainings
- Serve as a point of information and resource for clients, fellow staff members, and service providers
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, workforce development, financial empowerment
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually
- Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government entities strongly preferred
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills
- Experience working with young adults to build skills and achieve sustainable employment
- Experience in managing and supporting client needs. Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Director, SFSF-Midsouth.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with position being applied for in the subject line. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.