September 10, 2021
Location: Southern Maryland
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Seedco is an official partner of the Maryland Health Connection, providing enrollment assistance with health and dental insurance. Our team of certified Navigators has the expertise to guide Marylanders as they look at plan options, including determining eligibility for tax credits to reduce monthly costs.
The Program Manager provides coordination and oversight for a specific Connector region ensuring effective Navigator services are provided to Maryland residents. The Program Manager is a working Navigator, certified by the Maryland Health Connection (MHC) and skilled in eligibility screenings and determinations, enrollment services, plan selection, HBX system operations, outreach, and educational campaigns. The position troubleshoots problematic applications, seeks guidance and resources as needed, identifies critical issues that require timely decision-making judgment, and ensures policies are implemented. The Program Manager manages a team of 4-5 Navigators.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing and empowerment.
Key Essential Functions:
- Provide supervision, guidance, and support to assigned certified staff
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure delivery within prescribed timelines
- Conduct and monitor daily attendance, prepare time off requests, and weekly time sheets
- Produce Salesforce reports to evaluate performance, trends, and outreach partnerships
- Evaluate performance data from Seedco, and review with staff for quality improvement, establish goals and confirm data.
- Participate in Connector meetings and planning sessions as required.
- Work with the Lead Navigator to maintain adequate resources for navigator team including consumer materials, giveaways, and general supplies needed by staff; review scheduling ensuring appropriate coverage at each of the locations served to provide adequate outreach and enrollment services through the various enrollment cycles of the year
- Coordinate with Regional Associate and Seedco leadership to ensure all CE navigators have the necessary resources and tools to do their jobs; including equipment; internet access; HBX, VPN, and CRM access.
- Implement training provided by Regional Associate and MHC reinforcing new methods and guidelines for optimal enrollment, outreach and education services provided by Navigators.
- Educate staff on internal policies and practices with an emphasis on compliance to Privacy; IT Security; Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions when directed by Seedco leadership
- Monitor information and services provided by staff to promote cultural and linguistic appropriateness and accessibility for individuals with disabilities
- Participate in regular management meetings with regional and program managers to discuss and disseminate updates for staff, partners, and stakeholders in assigned region
- Provide consistent communication to all authorized and certified staff; and partners, Application Counselor Sponsoring Entities, Insurance Brokers, and other stakeholders regarding MHC/CE news, events, and changes
- With Management team, schedule and organize partner meetings with agency partners, and community stakeholders to provide MHC/CE updates and facilitate collaboration in assigned counties
- Implement training to support certified staff , working with Regional Associate, introducing system changes, outreach planning, and ensuring professional and current Navigator services.
- Successfully complete Navigator training course and exam as required by MHBE and/comply with all required continuing education and recertification requirements
- Provide courteous, professional, sensitive, and confidential assistance to all consumers agency representatives, partners, and others
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality, PII, PHI and other required protections
- Provide consumers with application assistance and eligibility determination for enrollment into Medicaid, Qualified Health Plans, and Dental insurance programs available on the exchange
- Understand and communicate screening process and results for assistance with tax credits, cost sharing reductions and other program benefits as identified
- Understand and communicate insurance terms in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate and ensures accessibility for individuals
- Comprehend and manage documentation; entering data in the HBX system, data management systems, and other systems used within the program
- Develop and implement marketing outreach to local communities including event presence and presentations for educational opportunities. Connect and liaise with social service agencies, faith based groups, educational professionals, and other community leaders to reach individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds to promote enrollment assistance, program benefits and develop referral pipelines
- Bachelor Degree required
- Minimum one year of experience as a certified Navigator preferred
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to browse the Web comfortably; experience with database software
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills a must; public speaking skills necessary
- Second language beneficial
- Candidates must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the region to multiple locations.
- Ability to earn and maintain MHBE Navigator Certification
- Leadership skills with experience supervising staff
- Excellent problem solver with ability to make appropriate operational decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize critical tasks with attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills required
- Ability to put clients at ease while asking sensitive and personal questions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to comprehend and manage documentation in multiple databases and problem solve
- Ability to meet deadlines through effective time management and meet performance targets
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
This position may require sitting for extended periods of time. Otherwise this job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. Must be willing to work occasional weekend hours and extended hours during Open Enrollment period with flexibility in a variety of settings
This position reports to the Regional Associate.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to MDjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Program Manager – Southern MD” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.