Midsouth More Than Ready
February 25, 2022
Location: Mid-South Regional Office, Memphis, TN
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need.
Funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance, the Midsouth More Than Ready (MSMTR) initiative is designed to improve employment opportunities for justice-involved adults in Memphis. The program will meet participants where they are by addressing their basic needs and barriers to success resulting in placement of participants in long-term, well-paying jobs. MSMTR will offer participants career pathways through training, education, financial coaching, job placement and career development services.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day operations of MSMTR. Theye will ensure positive and effective communication on the team and provide direct supervision of the Career Case Managers and Mentor Manager. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing the intake, assessment, and enrollment process as well as facilitating instruction to program participants in job readiness and life skills training. Similarly, The Program Coordinator will have experience in creating, facilitating, and monitoring an accountable system of care. They will work with partner agencies whose staff are trained in a client-centered model that utilizes a multi-domain assessment tool and is undergirded by a shared data platform. This framework is a collaboration across a wide array of programs and services, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of service delivery by seamlessly, intentionally, and efficiently moving individuals and their families toward economic self-sufficiency and other life goals which they, the clients, identify. The Program Coordinator will carry a small caseload when the volume at any given time exceeds the Case Managers’ capacity.
The Program Coordinator will report directly to the Seedco Senior Director.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate all daily service provided including client eligibility, enrollment and service delivery;
- Guide and Support Career Case Managers and Mentor Coordinator, whose responsibilities will include intake, job placement, providing mentoring services, retention, and supporting career advancement both pre release and post release for individuals detained within the Shelby County Division of Corrections.
- Assist in the outreach and recruitment of program participants;
- Coordinate and manage relationships with community referral partners;
- Facilitate sessions using career exploration, life skills, and job readiness curricula;
- Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained, including case files and participant data entry;
- Ensure that all program data is captured and maintained according to agency and funder protocols.
- Prepare and present program materials to participants as well as community groups.
- Ensure that staff complete follow-up to capture participant referrals and outcomes;
- Assess client needs, based on identified assessment tools.
- Based on the results of the varied assessment tools, assist case manages in referring program participants to appropriate resources.
- Coordinate and monitor services received by the program participants both pre and post release.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Serve as a point of information and resource for clients, fellow staff members, and service providers.
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, workforce development, financial empowerment or corrections.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government contracts strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Senior Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to:email@example.com with the subject line “Program Coordinator – Midsouth More Than Ready ”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.