Recruitment and Engagement Specialist — RISE
NOVEMBER 6, 2019
Location: Seedco Mid-South (Memphis, TN / West Memphis, AR)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need.
Re-Entering Into Society to Excel (RISE): Supporting Justice-involved adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The Recruitment & Engagement Specialist will be responsible for outreach and recruitment activities for RISE. He/She will communicate program benefits to potential participants and bring various service providers and community stakeholders to share information and resources.
The Recruitment & Engagement Specialist will report directly to the Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and present program materials to participants as well as community groups.
- Ensure enrollment metrics are met with the assistance of the entire RISE team.
- Ensure that staff complete follow-up to capture participant referrals and outcomes.
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties.
- Plan and facilitate monthly participant meetings and partner meetings.
- Conduct outreach and recruitment efforts to ensure youth participation goals are met.
- Increase and maintain effective collaborative relationships with other community agencies.
- Ensure the overall project goals, including number served, is met or exceeded, with support from the RISE Team.
- Assist in the facilitation of Seedco University.
- Connect participants with resources available in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, workforce development, financial empowerment;
- Proven ability to recruit and retain participants in youth programs.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required;
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with government contracts strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
- Experience working with young adults to build skills and achieve sustainable employment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Recruitment & Engagement Specialist”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.