Recruiter/Outreach Specialist — Baltimore
NOVEMBER 6, 2019
Location: Baltimore, MD
Seedco is a non-profit organization providing work force development and work and family services in Baltimore, Maryland. The Bridges to Careers Recruiter/Outreach Specialist position fulfills recruitment duties and assists program staff with outreach activities. The Recruiter/Outreach Specialist establishes relationships with key referral partners and conducts recruitment activities in the community. The Recruiter /Outreach Specialist works individually and as part of a team, reporting to the Program Manager.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conduct a minimum of 540 program eligibility and interest pre-screenings.
- Refer a minimum of 20 potentially eligible and interested candidates per month to the program.
- Attend monthly meetings with Department of Correction partners to promote the program.
- Attend monthly meetings with Community Based referral partners.
- Engage in recruitment activities in the target area of the program, recruiting participants at events and gathering locations populated by youth; 18-24 years of age.
- Conduct weekly reminder communications to recruited and enrolled participants to support engagement with program activities and implementation of Individual Career Plans.
- Engage in intensive outreach, including home visits and street outreach, to locate participants unresponsive to program staff’s outreach.
- Complete all assigned documentation and record keeping.
- Handle sensitive and personal information, adhering to client confidentiality protocols.
- Work independently, traveling throughout their assigned target area.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Personal or professional experience with justice involved citizens.
- Ability to put clients at ease while asking sensitive and personal questions.
- Ability to communicate program goals and objectives.
- Comfortable with street outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and government programs.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and adhere to confidentiality protocols
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory, as required.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds.
This position receives supervision from the Bridges to Careers Program Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume to mailto:BaltimoreJobs@seedco.org.