Senior Program Manager — New York
OCTOBER 9, 2018
Location: NYC Headquarters
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Bridges to Careers (BTC): Supporting Justive-involved Young Adults is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The program is designed to assist young adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
In support of Seedco’s BTC program, the senior program manager is responsible for overall program strategy and providing technical assistance and training to the three program implementation sites (South Bronx, NY; Baltimore, MD; and Memphis, TN/West Memphis, AR). The senior program manager will also be responsible for developing standard operating procedures, working with regional directors to hire staff and manage grant-wide partner contracts.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead the development of standard operating procedures and program processes across program sites
- Ensure consistency and quality assurance of service delivery across program sites
- Deliver or facilitate the delivery of relevant trainings to all program staff including but not limited to motivational interviewing, risk and needs assessment, cognitive behavioral employment curriculum, and trauma-informed approaches
- Provide technical assistance to all program sites to assist with common challenges
- Facilitate regular cross-site program meetings
- Collaborate with regional directors and senior leadership on program development and future related initiatives
- Work closely with the data analytics and operations associate to improve data collection efforts and produce reports for senior leadership, the funder, and relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for monitoring program for compliance with grant requirements, fidelity to the proposal, and working with the director to communicate necessary changes to the funder
- Directly supervise the New York site program staff and provide oversight and program management for the local program
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local organizations
- Monitoring performance and outcomes
- Education, training, and experience in related fields that amounts to:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in nonprofit, criminal justice, social service, and/or public sector jobs OR
- a Master’s Degree in social work, public administration, or a similar field with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in nonprofit, criminal justice, social service, and/or public sector jobs OR
- an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of project management and/or supervisory experience
- Ability to travel out of state (estimated 2 trips per quarter)
- Experience organizing and/or facilitating trainings
- Experience working across multiple program sites or at a national level
- Workshop design or curriculum development experience
- Past work with youth or young adult populations
- Experience working with justice-involved populations
- Case management experience in a trauma-informed environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position requires regular travel around New York City and out-of-state travel at least twice a quarter.
The senior program manager reports to the director of New York programs and will collaborate on cross-site coordination and consistency. This position will coordinate with the New York director and the other regional directors around program implementation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “BTC – Senior Program Manager”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.