Senior Success Coach
OCTOBER 18, 2019
Location: New York, NY Headquarters
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Youth Advancing in the Workplace (YAW) is a food industry focused sectoral employment program for opportunity youth who struggle to achieve significant wage gains or move along a career pathway. YAW utilizes a post-placement approach by providing employed young adults critical supportive services (financial coaching, housing assistance, benefit navigation) that have been demonstrated to increase the likelihood of job retention, career advancement, and economic self-sufficiency.
The senior success coach provides strengths-based, forward-thinking coaching to young adults as they launch food industry careers. The senior success coach works with young adults to identify passionately-held goals and supports their efforts to overcome barriers that may inhibit personal, professional, and financial success. The senior success coach also works to help Seedco’s employer partners create more supportive and inclusive workplaces through as-needed coaching and workshops for supervisors. YAW is a program in transition and as Seedco looks to incorporate new models of employee supportive programming, Seedco is looking for a senior success coach that can assist in strategizing around the program’s growth, thinking through new models, and adjusting to meet the needs of an evolving program. This is a 100% grant-funded position that is guaranteed through September 2020, though the position may be extended as additional funding becomes available.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide one-on-one career and financial coaching to young adults with limited work history and low-levels of educational attainment as they transition into the workplace and achieve professional advancement
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the principles: of youth development, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, and financial empowerment
- Use predictive analytics assessments, employer interviews and occupational labor market information to help young adults navigate food industry career pathways
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with local and national social service providers
- Develop and facilitate or coordinate with third-party vendors to implement workshops on strengths-based leadership, giving and receiving feedback, multiculturalism, racial equity, and implicit bias to employer partners
- Provide solutions-focused support to the supervisors of YAW participants at partner employers
Data Collection and Analysis
- Meticulously track weekly activities in Salesforce and Change Machine databases
- Generate weekly reports on participant contact, coaching activities, financial coaching outcomes, successes and challenges
- Analyze employer-level data on employee rates of job attendance, job retention, and wage advancement
Outreach and Engagement
- Develop and/or revise programmatic marketing materials for key stakeholders
- Present lessons learned and best practices at local learning community events and at regional workforce and economic development conferences
Additional Responsibilities, as Assigned
- Education, training, and experience in related fields that amounts to: A) Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in nonprofit, social service, and/or public sector jobs OR B) a demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience providing career coaching in an educational or vocational setting
- Interest or experience in financial coaching, job readiness, and/or career support
- Flexible to the changing and often immediate needs of participants
- Flexible to the shifting requirements of the program as it grows and changes and a willingness to take on extra responsibility to support the needs of a small team
- Strong written, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually
- Strong understanding of the foundations of: motivational interviewing and trauma-informed care
- Experience designing, developing and facilitating workshops or trainings
- Past work with young adults, opportunity youth, and/or individuals facing barriers toward employment
- Case management experience in a trauma-informed environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position requires regular travel around New York City and the ability to work in standard office conditions.
This position reports directly to the assistant director for New York. Routine supervision is provided with instructions on job requirements, methods that are already developed and in place, priorities, and deadlines with particular attention to unusual or difficult aspects or tasks. There are regular reviews of progress, quality, and output.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “YAW – Senior Success Coach.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.