Program Manager, Strong Fathers Stronger Families
SEPTEMBER 9, 2019
Location: New York Headquarters/National Office (22 Cortlandt St., 33rd Floor, New York, NY)
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need.
Strong Fathers, Stronger Families (SFSF) is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Children and Families. The program is designed to support low-income fathers in New York City enter and thrive in the workforce while developing closer relationships with their children, partners, and co-parents. Seedco has been operating SFSF since 2011 and partners with local community-based organizations to deliver the critical services offered by SFSF.
The program manager is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the SFSF program including program operations, supervising administrative and direct service staff, and providing programmatic support, monitoring, and compliance to the program’s subcontractors. This is a 100% grant-funded position with an anticipated grant end date of November 1, 2020 though additional funding may become available to extend the position.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Organizes and facilitates programmatic meetings with internal and external staff
- Facilitates weekly calls with program site partners to review program successes and challenges and strategize solutions
- Provides technical assistance to program staff in the areas of program policies and procedure, grant compliance, data management, and best practices in service delivery
- Develops and revises reporting, management, and service delivery tools as needed
- Supervises and oversees hiring for assigned staff including administrative and direct service employees
- Serve as primary liaison between SFSF and programmatic partners (service delivery, program evaluation, etc.)
- Create ongoing opportunities for all staff members to provide feedback on program operations
- Inform the senior director of program challenges, changes, and accomplishments
- Manage program aspects of the annual budget in conjunction with program managers and the senior director.
Reporting and Data Management
- Generates program reports for the funder, internal leadership, and external stakeholders
- Implement or utilize existing data collection systems to streamline reporting on outputs and outcomes in all program areas
- Coordinates with program assistant and data associate to manage program databases including new user access and addressing technical challenges
- Manages the collection, compilation, and dissemination of performance and outcome data
- Monitors and assesses program performance, operations, and quality of service for two subcontracted program sites
- Facilitates regular monitoring activities with subcontracted program sites including weekly calls, monthly site visits, and quarterly network meetings
- Leads strategy for continuous quality improvement
- Manages program aspects of the annual budget in conjunction with the senior director.
- Leads research, planning, and implementation of special events
- Support the development of media and marketing materials
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
- Education, training, and experience in nonprofit, workforce development, social services, family-supportive services, and/or related fields that amount to:
- Minimum of 2 years working on government or foundation-funded programs AND
- Minimum of 1 year of project management or supervisory experience AND
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience OR
- A Master’s degree in social work, public administration, or a similar field OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex tasks with tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
- Experience with online database applications
- Experience working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services
- Experience working with a Salesforce database
- Experience working in fatherhood or family-focused programming
- Experience providing technical assistance or support to other organizations
- Case management experience in a trauma-informed environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. This job requires regular travel around New York City.
The senior program manager reports to the Senior Director of New York programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “SFSF Program Manager”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.