Soft Skills Trainer
JANUARY 15, 2020
Location: Baltimore, MD
Seedco is a non-profit organization providing work force development and work and family services in Baltimore, Maryland. The Bridges to Careers Soft Skills Trainer position fulfills training duties and coordinates career focused mentoring activities. The Soft Skills Trainer works closely with the program’s job developer and career coaches. The Soft Skills Trainer works individually and as part of a team, reporting to the Program Manager.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Deliver the Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Justice Involved individuals Seeking Employment (CBI-EMP) to program participants
- Plan and facilitate job readiness workshops
- Complete all administrative functions of the roll, attendance logs, case notes and other, as directed
- Submit weekly activity logs to the Program Manager
- Coordinate career-focused mentoring activities; recruitment, orientation, and follow-up of mentors. Training of mentees in effective mentor/mentee relationships.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Personal or professional experience with justice involved citizens.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Experience facilitating groups and teaching new concepts to a group.
- Ability to put clients at ease, while asking sensitive and personal questions.
- Ability to communicate program goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and government
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory, as required.
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Ability to lift 15 pounds.
This position reports to the Bridges to Careers program manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume to mailto:BaltimoreJobs@seedco.org.