MAY 30, 2019
Location: New York, NY
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. With programs in New York, Maryland, Tennessee, Georgia, Connecticut and Arkansas, Seedco offers a modern work culture and collaborative leadership team with varied backgrounds in the private, nonprofit and government sectors. Seedco is an affiliate of the Acacia Network, the nation’s largest Latino integrated care organization, based in New York.
The Special Assistant reports to the Executive Director and supports Seedco’s leadership team, including the Managing Director and the Directors of Seedco’s four regional offices in Maryland, Tennessee and New York. This position will provide support to the leaders of the organization and will include assignments related to: 1) project management of strategic initiatives; 2) program development and external relations; and 3) administrative functions.
Project Management of Strategic Initiatives
- Coordinate and track Executive Director and senior leadership team’s priority projects and initiatives, including reporting and tracking deliverables
- Gather, synthesize and prioritize key information by conducting research and data analysis for reports, correspondence, and presentations; prepare memos and summaries as necessary
- Ensure that the Executive Director and Managing Director have required documents, briefing materials, and background information needed for meetings
- Capture notes and coordinates/tracks follow-ups as needed, coordinating across team members
- Execute special projects at the direction of the Executive Director and maintain confidentiality and wield discretion on sensitive issues
Program Development and External Relations
- Conduct research to develop and cultivate existing and new relationships with funders including private foundations and corporations
- Manage and maintain database of prospective partners and funders to support follow-up and stewardship
- Lead the creation of content for internal and external needs including press releases, one-pagers, talking points, website posts, social media posts, etc.
- Implement social media and online communication strategies leveraging Seedco’s newly-redesigned website
- Communicate on behalf of the Executive Director and senior leadership team with internal and external parties
- Plan and schedule meetings, conference calls and travel for the Executive Director and senior leadership team
- Review correspondence requiring the Executive Director’s signature
- Prepare expense reports for the Executive Director and senior team members
- Coordinate and support other team-wide activities and events as needed
- Provide general administrative support
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills; excellent writing, editing, and communications skills;
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize work amidst competing demands, tight timelines and often shifting deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity and discretion
- Computer proficiency in: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet search skills, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to work with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organizational levels
- Experience preparing, tracking, and reporting data, including basic financial information.
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication, including editing and research skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, dependability and accountability.
Education and Related Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related experience managing organizational processes, preferably in a nonprofit setting;
- Experience working with social service and/or healthcare agencies, nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Special Assistant.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.