September 1, 2020
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. The Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program is a partnership between Seedco and Promesa, our affiliate partner under the Acacia Network. The program, funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (DOL-VETS), is designed to provide services to assist in reintegrating homeless verterans into meaningful employment within the labor force and to stimulate the development of effective service delivery systems that will address the complex problems facing homeless veterans.
The Success Coach works directly with veterans who have experienced homelessness. The Success Coach will be responsible for facilitating a curriculum in group settings geared toward addressing barriers to employment and provide other trainings as needed. The Success Coach will work with program participants to build and improve soft skills such as communication strategies, interview preparation, and employer/employee relationship management. This position will also work closely with the Program Coordinator to guide program participants along specific career pathways, administer the PathwayU predictive analytics assessment, and provide case management to address challenges to finding and sustaining employment.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Facilitate employment-related curriculum in group settings
- Assist the Program Coordinator with updating the Seedco U curriculum to ensure it appropriately addresses the program’s target population
- Coordinate with the Program Coordinator and Promesa team to address participant barriers and needs
- Utilize PathwayU, a predictive analytics portal, to match participants to jobs that align with their values and workplace preferences
- Enter and update participant information (services provided, incentives distributed, participant progress) regularly through Salesforce case management database
- Conduct regular check-in/coaching sessions with participants after they have found employment to provide guidance regarding the work environment and workplace issues including relationships with colleagues and supervisor, accessing benefits, advancement, etc. as well as discussing barriers to work.
- Coordinate with Seedco’s other programs and staff to leverage resources and partner organizations to meet participant needs
- Facilitate biweekly employment support groups, as needed, for employed program participants
- Incorporate additional trainings as needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in social service or case management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience facilitating workshops, classes, and/or leading a curriculum in a group setting
- Experience working with adult learners
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, etc.)
- Strong computer skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Experience working with veterans
- Experience working with individuals experience homelessness
- Experience developing and/or modifying curriculum to meet specific needs
- Experience in workforce development, job placement, job readiness training, and/or career coaching
- Education and/or experience in social work
- Experience working with a Salesforce database
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. This position will require travel around New York City, primarily in the Bronx and Manhattan.
This position will work closely with the Program Coordinator and report directly to the Assistant Director
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to NYCjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “HVRP – Success Coach”. Please submit documents in pdf or Microsoft Word format. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.