NYC Employer Resource Network
March 29, 2022
Location: New York City
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. Seedco operates programs in New York, Maryland, Tennessee, and Arkansas.
Seedco is seeking a Success Coach to join our new Employer Resource Network (ERN) launching in New York City this spring. The ERN is a community of regional employers who invest in their employees through Success Coaching to improve job retention and workplace morale. The ERN Success Coach meets with business partners’ employees virtually and onsite at their place of work to address personal work-life challenges, such as financial issues, legal or housing challenges, or family concerns. Success Coaches serve as impartial, confidential advisors who connect partner employees to resources and collaborate with them on solutions. The Success Coach will be employed directly by Seedco and use our trainings and resources to provide client-centered, strengths-based support to ERN partner employees.
The ideal candidate is an organized, compassionate networker who enjoys finding creative solutions to problems. The Success Coach will often work at a separate location from their supervisor and must have proactive and frequent communication. During our launch year, our first Success Coach should be someone who thinks quickly on their feet, is flexible about change, and is excited to be part of the development process.
Seedco is an affiliate of the Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Site Visits: Regularly travel to business partners to promote ERN services to their employees; greet employees directly; and work with human resource departments and supervisors to advertise availability
- Coaching: Schedule and meet with clients (ERN partner employees) in person, over the phone, and using virtual software to discuss their needs and provide nonjudgmental support and solutions
- Resource Navigation: Connect clients to trusted public, private, and community resources to support their work-life needs (ex: housing referrals, legal advice, childcare, food insecurity); maintain strong relationships with Seedco point of contact for each resource; and keep up to date on changes in eligibility or referral pathways
- Building Referral Partnerships: Identify new resource areas based on client needs and interests; research local providers and assess them for fit and availability; and work with ERN team to build strong, effective pathways for referral.
- Business Collaboration: Together with supervisor, develop and sustain strong relationships with ERN partner business leadership teams (including Human Resources and management)
- Data Entry: Record client meetings, referrals, and follow up calls in Seedco internal databases. Submit regular updates, challenges, and successes to supervisor for monthly reports.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years of formal work experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience coaching or mentoring individuals, either professionally or as volunteer
- Able to schedule and host 1-1 virtual appointments on digital meeting platforms such as Zoom
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Teams, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Able to travel independently to all 5 boroughs of NYC during business hours
- Committed to serving New Yorkers from diverse backgrounds, including age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, country of origin, citizenship status, religion, physical ability, and more
- Committed to Seedco’s mission of economically empowering individuals and communities
- Formal work experience in customer service and/or sales
- Formal work experience with business account management
- Familiarity with government benefits and assistance programs, such as SNAP, WIC, and Section 8 vouchers. (Individuals with personal experience encouraged to apply.)
- Experience organizing or navigating community resources, including volunteer work with nonprofits, houses of worship, and mutual aid groups
- Associates degree or higher with coursework in a relevant major such as human services, social work, community organizing, and psychology
- Experience with data entry for client records in software such as Salesforce, Apricot, or Epic
- Bilingual Spanish, French, Chinese or other commonly spoken language in NYC
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position is based in our Upper Manhattan office but will involve travel across the 5 boroughs of New York City for up to 80% of the workweek. Seedco will cover the cost of on-the-job travel.
Work schedule is primarily Mon-Fri 9 AM to 5 PM with potential for evening hours.
The ERN Success Coach reports to the Assistant Director of New York Programs.
The salary range for the ERN Success Coach is $48,000 – $52,000 per year, commensurate with experience. This position will also offer reimbursement for regular on-the-job travel, as stated above.
Seedco offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vacation and holiday pay, and more.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “ERN Success Coach”. In the cover letter, please outline how your experience relates to the job description.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.