Over the past quarter, Seedco continued to work diligently on outreach, assistance, and enrollment activities across ten Maryland counties. In conjunction with partners, Seedco enrolled 270 individuals into qualified Affordable Care Act health plans and 1,221 into Medicaid plans. Seedco’s steadfast commitment to reach the uninsured drove outreach efforts, which resulted in 142 group presentations and 99 in-person meetings over the quarter in its service communities.
Examples of such presentations and meetings include Cecil County Parole and Probation, United Way, University of MD Chestertown Hospital, Access to Care Coalition, Reentry Stakeholders Meeting, Calvert Commission for Women, Greater Baden Medical Services, and Young Professionals of Charles County. Seedco’s outreach is broad and deep, including these other efforts over the quarter:
- Hosted 22 table events at local libraries
- Presented at 31 Department of Labor Re-Employment workshops
- Networked at 8 Chamber of Commerce events
- Targeted outreach to small business owners, working with Maryland Health Connection’s Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
- Held meetings at public schools, doctor’s offices, behavioral health providers, and others!
Seedco also held a comprehensive staff training in September, which takes places annually, to ensure the delivery of high quality services in its communities.
The busy quarter of activity builds momentum towards the Open Enrollment period that runs from November 1 through December 15. This intensive period shows how successful the year-round outreach efforts are, as the staff team shifts primarily into enrollment assistance mode to get people signed up for 2020 coverage. Go, Team!